Sunday 28 April 2013

Creams - "Egg jam"


Hello little Artists
First of all, I'm really sorry if I make any mistake with English. It isn't my first language and there are some words that I don't know how to translate. Most of them will be in quotes.

So, this is a kind of filling for cakes, as well as a topping. We use it a lot in Portugal.
The recipe is really easy and it don't take a lot of eggs, like some of the recipes I've found (one thing you must learn of me is that I never fully copy a recipe. I search for dozens and then, make one of my own).

For this one we'll need:

  • 4 yolks;
  • 4 eggs;
  • 250g of sugar;
  • water qs
- Start with putting the sugar in a small saucepan and cover it with water, leading to the fire;
- Separate the yolks from the whites (you can use these in candy that need only whites) and put them in a medium saucepan;
- Mix the yolks with the eggs, but gently;
- Let the syrup boil for one minute, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, then removing from the heat and let it cool for a few moments, but not completly;
- Add the syrup to the eggs (must be in this order), slowly, stirring well so the eggs don't start to cook;
- Bring to boil, to thicken, stirring always so it wont burn;
- If you don't get a soft cream, mash it with an immersion blender.


And with this, you have a delicious cream that you can use in cakes, cookies or any other dessert you like.

Good Adventures and don't forget to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment